Students in third through eighth grade at Ave Maria Catholic School have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports where they will develop leadership, team work, cooperation, and good sportsmanship through competition. All students that register and pay for a particular sport will be placed on a team. Ave Maria is part of, and regulated by, the Catholic Schools Athletic League.
Based on grade level, there are two divisions of the Catholic School Athletic League (CSAL) that Ave Maria participates in:
- Widget League: Grades 3 – 4 (Click here for registration information and deadlines)
- Catholic School Athletics League (CSAL): Grades 5 – 8 (Click here for registration information and deadlines)
Sports Offered (Sport / Team availability depends on registration / participation levels):
- Fall: Coed Cross Country, Coed Flag Football
- Winter: Boys & Girls Basketball
- Spring: Boys Baseball, Girls Volleyball, Coed Futsal
(SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SEE IMPORTANT ATHLETICS DATES)
Other Important Notes:
All registration forms, fees, and parent / coaching training completions are due at the beginning of the applicable season. See registration forms for additional information. If there are special circumstances that need assistance or consideration, please contact the Athletic Director or School Principal.
Please note that all registration fees are non-refundable.
All Tryout / Practice sessions are closed to coaches / players only. Throughout the seasons, there may be special events held at AMCS for all to attend – these will be communicated through both the coaching staffs as well as normal school communications (Herald, Teacherease, etc.).
Student – Athlete Eligibility: Please refer to the Student Handbook for information on Academic / Behavioral eligibility requirements.
- Ave Maria coaches are volunteers who dedicate their time and talent in support of our student athletes
- Coaching selections are made by the Athletic Director in consultation with the AMCS Principal
- Coaching Requirements. Copies of all completion certificates to be filed with the Athletic Director:
- Safe Environment Training (SET) Completed Annually
- Concussion Training (CSAL – Online Link to classes on CSAL site)
- Play Like A Champion – Coaching Class (See CSAL site for class dates / locations)
Contact for Athletics: Aaron Menke, Athletic Director (email)
Upcoming Athletics Dates
***Please double check CSAL website for latest schedule updates and changes***